11.25.2011

Happy Thanksgiving (pic heavy)

Yesterday we celebrated our first thanksgiving has our own little family. It was very exciting, and an almost near success. Everything timed out perfect, and I never felt overwhelmed it was awesome.

Having never made a turkey before, I decided to make it using our crock pot. It was so easy. I began cooking it at 10 am, (originally thinking it would take 8 hours like the website said) cooked on high for 1 hour. Then I cooked it on low for (well was supposed to be 7 hours) 3 1/2 hours and checked on it and saw the turkey timer had popped. I cut into it and it was done so I turned the crock pot to warm and put the pie in the oven for 70 minutes. Boiled eggs and while they were boiling I washed potatoes. When the eggs were done I peeled them and made deviled eggs, after finishing that I peeled, chopped and began boiling the potatoes. After starting the stuffing, I set the table, Then finished up the potatoes, began the gravy, and started cutting the turkey. As everything was all ready and set, the pie finished so I pulled it out to cool and to finish I grabbed the Martinelli's and deviled eggs from the fridge, (this is where it was an almost near success) While trying to hold the fridge door open and hold the eggs and grab the Martinelli's I dropped the eggs. Only one survived. Otherwise everything went perfect. Peyton loved the turkey and stuffing, and the little bit of Martinelli's we let her have.

After dinner, we cleaned up and bathed Peyton and she passed out quickly, then Tavis and I cuddled on the couch and watched The Green Lantern. It was such a great Thanksgiving. I was very thankful for the time I got to spend with my little family yesterday and I am very thankful for my little family, they are everything to me. <3 <3 <3











1 comment:

  1. I love this Whitney. And I love you and Tavis and my little Peyton :)

    ReplyDelete