11.10.2013

DAY TEN:: My sister Michele

Not many people know I have another sister. A sister I have never met in person. When I was 16 years old I found out about Michele. I remember being angry that I had not been told sooner about this sister my mom had placed for adoption. Then when I was 17 almost 18 and found myself pregnant and making the decision to place. The situation I had experienced a year and a half earlier, really affected my decision and how I would do things differently with my own placement. Then when I was 21 years old, shortly before Christmas 2009, social media connected me to this sister I had never known. I received a friend request from her on Facebook and I couldn't believe it. This is the only way I've been able to know her, so far.

Anyways the reason I am thankful for her today is because of this birth mom and adoptee perspective. Having some emotions concerning my own adoption relationship with my birth son. I was able to go to her and talk with her about adoption. 

Over the last 4 years, she has taught me so much, and really been a true sister even though we did not grow up together, and we have never met. I feel close to her and can't wait for the day I can meet her. 
Thank you Michele.


No comments:

Post a Comment