11.03.2013

DAY THREE:: The love of my life

Today I'm thankful for my husband, my best friend, the key to my heart, Tavis!
Now I'm thankful for him everyday, but today especially. The point of these posts is to look at each day and find something in that day that I am thankful for. After having a hard discussion with my husband about feeling guilty for my upcoming birth mom retreat he looked at me, and lovingly said, "Don't feel guilty, you deserve to go." Such a little statement, but it made me feel better. He always knows how to make me feel better. Tavis has always been such a great support to me. When I went back to high school to get my diploma, immediately followed by going to college (Which I regret sometimes), to working, and becoming an active member in the adoption community. Tavis was not a part of my life when I went through my pregnancy and placement with Daxton, nor has he been given the chance to meet Daxton yet. However he understands how much Daxton means to me, and is always there for me when I have those really rough days. We have had many ups and downs over the last 5 1/2 years, but we have always remained strong and our love has never faltered.Tavis is an amazing husband and Father. He would do anything for our girls. I feel so extremely blessed to have met him. I love you Tavis. I can't wait to grow old with you.









No comments:

Post a Comment