11.14.2013

DAY THIRTEEN:: Adoption

Today I am thankful for adoption.

A few months ago I posted about my relationship with adoption.

Nearly 7 years ago I choose life for my son. I choose adoption. I am so thankful to his adoptive parents, for opening their hearts and home. I am thankful to them for giving him the life he has, a life I would have never been able to provide for him.

I am thankful that through social media I have been able to now know my half sister who is ten years older than me and was placed for adoption. She was given a chance and is one of the strongest women I know.

I am thankful to Mette Nielson. She was one of my very first friends in high school and has remained to be my best friend and like a big sister to me. Mette was adopted, and when I was going through my placement. I was extremely thankful for her advice and for staying by me. I Love you Mette!

I am thankful to Valerie Griffiths. I met Valerie almost 2 years ago at Ameritech. She has been such a great friend to me. I am thankful for her adoption and giving her a better life. She is so strong. Love you Valerie!

I am thankful for the strong women around me. The ones waiting patiently for the chance to be moms, and the ones making the biggest sacrifice, showing unbelievable strength, the birth moms.


No comments:

Post a Comment